24 May 2015

When Cute becomes FAT!

I was resisting writing this for a long time. Actually, I thought I'd never write it. Writing things down makes it way too real for me and call it escapist, but this topic has been on the 'best-avoided' list. Except now, it is staring back at me in the doctor's report in bold numeric (which means it is way above normal) - Cholesterol.

I haven't consciously done anything about myself, exercise has been a fickle fling and I have one-night stands with my diet. It is little wonder that my annual health check-up decided to dump me altogether and show me a big fat middle finger.

I twisted my knee, dancing and tore my ACL completely, which means no sports for me (not like I played sports anyway). Living with no ACL, with a ton of restrictions on movement, not to mention a knee brace for doing everyday activities like walking and now this borderline sugar, above normal cholesterol and a host of hormone-related stuff. It is scary and I'm looking up a miracle pill (if only there were such a thing, ha)!

I'm usually low on will-power when it comes to lifestyle-altering decisions and I'm awful at follow-through. Here's hoping a small piece on this blog will remind me that I'm still me and I'll remain so, I just need to make some changes.






No comments: